AUCTION CATALOGS (ALL)
Three sales from Adolph Hess from the 1880s-1890s. Two are Fixed Price Sales (Hess 33, 1889) and one other (unidentified) of Middle Ages-Modern European coins and Numismatic Literature. Hess 44 (19 October 1891), however, is an important sale of coins of the 10th-12th C from England, Germany and Scandinavia. 1329 lots, and a page of illustrations. The two original card collotype plates are neatly inserted in a jacket in the inside back cover. In both of the last two sales that we have traced, the Hess 44 catalog realized over 150EUR.
Modern binding in very nice condition. The original catalogs have their original card covers retained. The pages are browning and mottled in places, normal for catalogs of this age.
- HESS, ADOLPH (1891)
- 3 CATALOGS BOUND TOGETHER
- Hess 44 (1891) - Rare and desirable
- With two original collotype plates
- Bound with Hess 33 (1889) and one other Hess
- Modern Hard Cover Binding - Gilt Letter Spine
Shipping outside of USA: please enquire first.
- Date Listed: May 29th, 2013
- Item #ACAH4401